Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!  I hope you are having a gorgeous, love filled day.

Even in my many, many years of being single on Valentine's Day, I've always loved it.  You see even when I didn't have a boyfriend in my life, I've always been lucky enough to be surrounded by the love of an amazing family and brilliant friends.  While most of us focus on romantic love on the 14th of February, I think it is a great day to celebrate love in all its forms.

My morning began, as it always does on this day, with a Valentine's message from my parents - or as they put it, the first people who loved me.  Valentine's Day when I was at school was great, Mum would always slip a chocolate treat into our lunch boxes.  It makes me a little sad that not everyone grows up with this truly secure, unconditional love, but it makes me oh so happy and grateful that I got to.

The love sharing continued as I logged into Facebook and found a gorgeous array of happy messages as my friends shared the love.  And I do love that crazy, gorgeous bunch of people who add so much to my life.

And of course, I'm super lucky to have the wonderful S in my life.  Whose smile alone is enough to fill my day with sunshine.

So whatever you are doing today, I hope you are doing it filled with love.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day! :)

    I've always loved it, and not for the presents or anything. I've written a short post on my blog about what it is to me.

    I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Valentine's Day to you too! I loved your post, so sweet.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet post - I have to confess that Valentine's Day has never been a big deal to me. I wish I'd grown up with those family Valentine's traditions and then I might feel differently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is never too late to start your own traditions Kari. I can't imagine my grandmother ever doing things like that for my Mum.

      Delete
  3. I was lucky to have a mum do similar cute little things too. What a lovely post. And you're right, a smile from a loved one can really make your day. Simple things.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, so often it is the simple things that make all the difference.

      Delete