Monday, April 16, 2012

Koko Black


I went quite off chocolate for Easter.  I know, what terrible timing.  There was chocolate everywhere and for some reason I didn't feel like eating it.  Luckily I have my mojo back which meant I could really enjoy a visit to Koko Black for a catch up with a friend.

We were lucky enough to score the comfy couches (my only complaint with Koko Black is that due to its size there are very limited couches) and settled in for a great catch up.  I love that about Koko Black, you rarely feel rushed by the staff, even after you have finished your delicious treats, they continue to refill your water glass and make you feel welcome.  It is only if there is a line of people glaring at you to move that you really feel you must leave.

Diabetics and those on a diet, look away now because I chose the chocolate cake plate and while I offered it to the boys to taste, I ate pretty much all of it. 


A tiny intense chocolate cake, a swirl of velvety chocolate mousse and two shortbreads garnished with a swoosh of chocolate emblazoned with nuts.  The plate looks small, but  believe me, it is plenty!  Everything was delicious, the mousse was particularly delicious when piled on the shortbread - its silky texture contrasting with the crisp biscuit. 

Worried that I wasn't ingesting quite enough calories in one go, I washed it down with a hazelnut hot chocolate.  We sat, talked and ate.  It was a perfect way to spend an afternoon

6 comments:

  1. Yummmmm! Reading this while sipping a max brenner dark hot choc lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't managed to get to Max Brenner. I've had it in Sydney and am keen to try it again, but somehow the open plan nature of the shop seems less conducive to long, slow afternoons. Still I guess I had better try it - you know for research!

      Delete
  2. yum! Koko black is truly my favourite. Ben buys me their dark chocolate blocks & their truffles as presents. I encourage him to keep doing this :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, you really do have an excellent (and well trained) husband there!

      Delete
  3. The title of this post sent a shiver of excitement down my spine :) I haven't tried their cafe here yet but it is on my To Try list. I do adore the chocolate though, and I received some of their chilli truffles at Easter which were so amazing I ate them all far too quickly and now want more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so worth it Kari. I actually had a little bit of a belly ache after eating all of this, but it was soooo yummy. For some reason they are still on their summer menu, but apparently they are switching to Autumn in the next few weeks so I might just have to go back.

      Delete