Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Beautiful Blogger Award
While we were in Paris, Kim from A Dag's Life (a cute quirky blog well worth a visit) nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger award and I promised to respond when I got back. First of all a big thank you to Kim, it is just lovely to have someone think I have a beautiful blog! I'm very aware that we have now been back for nearly a month (eek how did that happen) but I've finally found time to sit down and think about this so here goes. In response to my award I need to share seven random facts about myself with you all, they are:
1. If I could have any talent in the world I would love to be able to sing. I sing very softly to S (who by some miracle actually likes it) and loudly to myself in the car. But I'm fooling no one, this is not a voice for sharing.
2. My favourite colour is blue and yet most of the contents of my house seem to be red. No idea how that happened. Still all my favourite jewellery pieces contain sapphires, so I guess I've got my priorities right.
3. I love scary movies that feature zombies / vampires / supernatural themes etc. But anything involving humans doing horrible things to each other, particularly those that are filmed in a documentary style - Wolf Creek and The Strangers I'm looking at you - will give me nightmares for weeks.
4. I think cheese is food of the gods.
5. I make my own muesli mix. This started because S thought it would be cheaper - it isn't because I put all sorts of expensive ingredients in but it is yummy and much healthier than the mass produced versions.
6. I have the most amazingly wonderful group of friends who are way too cool for me. I wonder if they will figure out that I'm the dag in the mix one day.
7. I don't drink coffee, but I love tea. I would drink somewhere between 4-8 cups in an average day.
Now I am meant to nominate 7 blogs that I think are beautiful. Recipients, feel free to do the list of 7 things or not, I'm just happy that my readers can find some more beautiful blogs to visit.
The CROWN Project - a project sharing stories of personal growth and resilience from amazing women.
Alexandrea Nea The Art of Afternoon Tea - gorgeous hand drawn illustrations accompany yummy recipes
Best of Fates - awesome tales of awkwardness
Lovely Jublies - Z has the most fabulous style and truly covetable shoe collection - plus she is hilarious
An Accident of Hope - Summer Pierre does the most amazing illustrated one page stories.
Super Kawaii Mama - I can only hope that I can ever look even half as glamorous as Candice DeVille on an off day.
Joy the Baker - for her stunningly beautiful food photos, delicious recipes and oh so honest writing.