Thursday, August 23, 2012

Contrasts

Yesterday was sunny and mild.  It might be stretching things to say it was warm, but for once I didn't have to wear a coat or reach for gloves.

Today is a complete contrast, grey, cold, raining.  And yet somehow today, spring seems more apparent.  I don't know if it is just that the soft colours of early spring are easier to see against the dull grey sky but today, everywhere I look I can see blossom opening, tree branches turning the reddish colour that shows sap running, the first tiny feathery green leaves appearing on the willows.  The wattle seems to glow with golden covering of flowers.

I wish I could have taken a photo of it for you, but that would have involved going out in the rain and trust me, while I may be able to see spring arriving, I can feel winter hanging on.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you have some signs of spring after your cold winter...and your absent summer. I think you deserve a very warm, sunny springtime!

    ReplyDelete