Friday, November 16, 2012

What is it with zombies in business suits?

Even the Walking Dead promo features a zombie in a suit

I am notorious for walking past people I know in the street.  The number of times I've had someone say to me "Oh I saw you in the shops the other day but you didn't see me" is countless.  Before I had my eyes lazered I could blame eyesight, now I just have to admit that the reality is I'm off in my own little world. 

The question is what am I thinking about that is so interesting that I don't notice my friends?  Am I quietly solving the world's problems?  Inventing the next technological breakthrough?  Composing my bestselling novel?  The answer is no, I'm pondering such questions as why there are so many zombies in business suits in horror movies.  Surely when the dead start rising you have an excuse not to go into the office, or at least not to wear a tie.  Seriously it is a good question.

So, do you have a theory on the business suited zombies?  Or am I alone in my very strange ponderings?

9 comments:

  1. I don't notice people because I often am not wearing my glasses, and therefore can't see them.

    Somedays I think I am a business zombie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the can't see you excuse anymore. And you are far too glam to just be a business zombie. You would at least have to be a sparkly zombie.

      Delete
  2. Oh Lisa, this post made me laugh :) I actually can't even remember what my absent minded musings are (although they most certainly happen), but I sense they are not as exciting or indeed meaningful as this!

    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Liebster Award in my last post, if you want it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kari! I will respond to the award over the weekend.

      Delete
  3. I think women are less likely to be in suits than they were ten years ago. They are not so on trend any more. Men in shopping malls wearing suits always look out of place and often sloppy. I watch other people; what they are wearing, their bodies, their purchases, who they talk to. I always smile when Dads meet their babies and wives at lunchtime. I am more of a zombie (jeans and top kind) I'm the supermarket...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that there are so many zombies in business suits because it is a protest against the unthinking nature of corporate life. Also, zombies = badguys and non-zombies = good guys, therefore suits = badguys and workingclass = good guys. Note that it's almost always someone who has a job involving physical labour who saves the day...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it, brilliant analysis. Although I will point out that a scientist will also often save the day.

      Delete
  5. Ooo would love you to comment or maybe do a post about laser eye surgery. I so want this done but am too scared it might go wrong, are there many risks involved?

    Sorry I know that's really off topic but I don't know anyone who's had the operation. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I will post something up in the next week or so.

      Delete