Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Afternoon Tea


There is something truly special and indulgent about meals that have been made up simply for enjoyment.  By that I mean meals like brunch, afternoon tea and supper. 


They are not about sustenance, which is clearly indicated by the types of food we eat when having them.  Instead they are about the enjoyment of special food, time with friends and the true luxury of having both the leisure time and money to indulge in such a frivolous meal.


I recently attended an afternoon tea full of delicious treats.  Macarons, cupcakes, cakes, sandwiches, they were all there in abundance, but so was that other essential ingredient, lovely people.  We spent a couple of glorious hours feasting and chatting, catching up whilst we indulged.  It is afternoons like that which make me reflect on just how gloriously lucky I am, to live in a place and at a time where such an event is possible and even more that I am surrounded by such people who make my heart sing with their kindness, whit and love

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a lovely afternoon Lisa. And I must say, even if it is a non-essential eating time (although that can be debatable, some days!), afternoon tea is one of my favourite meals/snacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete