Friday, March 23, 2012

Booted!


Autumn is definitely in the air.  My morning walk now starts in the dark and requires tracksuit pants and a warm top.  We have had our first few fogs.  The city is taking on a golden hue.  And I've got my boots out.

It is well known that I love shoes in general, but I do particularly love boots.  They keep my feet warm and dry while looking super stylish.  As someone who suffers from super cold feet, any shoe that can look work or special occasion appropriate whilst hiding hiking socks is fantastic in my book. 

This year my summer shoes did not get well worn.  My toes did not spend much time peeping as it was just too cool and wet.  However it was warm enough that my boots have spent the last few months hiding under the bed. I always love the change of season for the fact that it makes my wardrobe seem new again.  When it occurred to me that today would be boot appropriate all sorts of outfits leapt to mind.

And so I headed out, all booted up and my feet are blissfully warm and happy. 


13 comments:

  1. I too am booted today! It's that kind of weather here in Melbourne now as well. Sadly it's only one of two pairs I own, partly because I can't wear heels and partly the cost of most (!) but mostly because there seems to be a general assumption that if your feet are teeny-tiny then you have stick figure legs :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be once again searching for nice flat boots again this winter. I agree they are very hard to find but so lovely to wear.

      Delete
  2. What great boots!

    I have black tights on under my dress. I have told everyone who will listen of my pain that summer is over so soon.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SSG! Yes I predict I will be in black tights by next week. Goodbye summer (if you ever came).

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited (possibly more than ever) about boot weather. I LOVE autumn. I have a very similar pair, love them :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own a silly number of boots, and yet I always want more. Poor S, our cupboard is just full on my shoes. But they are so fantastic to wear.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, very nice! I actually struggle to get boots that fit and I like and which don't have big heels, but I do love them. I think I'm still closer to summer shoes than winter shoes but I will be happy when the switch happens :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say every time I go looking for boots I reckon I try on 50 pairs for every one pair that I actually buy. Tricky but so worth it.

      Delete
  5. I need to get me a pair of tan boots! I love colder weather for the boots and jackets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a pair of tan flat boots this season Miss V. Even though boots are expensive I reckon I wear them 90% of the time in winter so they are actually quite economical really (do you think my boyfriend will understand that logic?).

      Delete
  6. Boots are one of the best things about colder weather! I love the ones in your pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! They are a few seasons old but were from Florsheim.

      Delete
  7. Great boots!! I love Autumn and Winter, and I love boots.

    ReplyDelete