Friday, September 28, 2012

Blossom

I spent all of autumn taking pictures of trees in their glorious seasonal colours, so it is only right that I show the other end of the spectrum, the beautiful blossom that is covering our city in delicate shades of pink, cream and white.

I do love autumn, the rich red, orange and golds of the city seem imbued with the warmth of the summer past.  The blossoms of spring are different.  They hold a message of hope for the summer to come.  They speak of the coming warmth, the banishment of the long cold winter.  They are full of life and happiness. Every year the first brave blossom arrives while the days are still short, dark and cold but my heart lifts at the sight.  I know that spring will soon be upon us and I revel in their beauty.

After days of glorious sunny weather today is grey and thundery and the blossom is looking a bit bedraggled from the rain but  I know that these examples I saw over the last week or so are only the beginning.

Enjoy!







What is your favorite season?

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    Spring is definitely my favourite season - the warmth, the sunshine (!), the blossoms but above all of that the smell of jasmine on the air at dusk :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always associate the smell of jasmine with summer. But I do love that the days are getting longer.

      Delete
  2. YAY for Spring finally showing her pretty face. I hope she stops and stays for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she is in a bit of a thundery mood today but I'm sure she will be back in full swing by next week!

      Delete
  3. What beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing them and happy Friday!!!

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete