Sunday, September 2, 2012

Peace


Yesterday was my parent's 39th wedding anniversary and today is, of course, Father's Day.  So this morning we descended upon the family house for chocolate cake (the secret family recipe of course) and general merriment.

After cake, coffee and presents, the glorious spring sunshine beckoned to us and we moved outside.  We sat in a semi circle, basking like lizards under a clear blue sky, quietly chatting as the dogs played and birds fluttered overhead.  I sat there, in the middle of my family, my hand resting on S's leg, eyes closed, sun warm on my face and felt utter peace.  Stress and worry floated away.  In that moment, I felt warm, loved, and oh so very happy.

I hope today brought you a similar moment of truly carefree peacefulness.

7 comments:

  1. Had a moment of panic and then realised that, just as Mother's Day is different from North America to the UK, Father's day is different from the UK and North America than it is in Aus and New Zealand. *wipes brow* Crisis averted! I thought I'd already done Father's day this year. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I should have added a big AUSTRALIA ONLY disclaimer on that one.

      Delete
  2. The sun shone this weekend! So many lovely little moments of carefree peacefulness ... just because the sun was shining! It's amazing what a big difference one little change can make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree CheezyK, there is nothing like sitting in the warm spring sunshine to imbue a bit of peace in your life.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a beautiful day Lisa. Ours was pretty similar in peace and my parent's wedding anniversary is this Wednesday, so it's a good week in our household :) I'm glad you enjoyed the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of you on Saturday Kari. I hope you had a magnificent wedding and I'm glad Sunday was peaceful.

      Delete
  4. 39 years! What a fantastic milestone! :)

    ReplyDelete