Friday, December 17, 2010

Be safe

Please excuse me for a moment as I take a step into a more serious tone. Today is the last work day for a lot of people. Kids have finished school and Christmas is nigh. It is the time of year where news is filled with lighthearted stories on Santa getting ready, or the best Christmas lights, but it is also the time of year where the news starts to feature a map of the country with the road toll on it.

Last year TAC released a special 5 minute montage of the last 20 years of their road safety ads to the REM song "Everybody Hurts". It is a hard watch but a worthwhile one and I recommend that you all read it and forward the link on to your family and friends with a reminder to be safe on the roads this holiday season. Link

The thing in my life which most consistently brings a smile to my face is my family and friends. I'm surrounded by such an amazing circle of loving, funny, clever, talented and quirky individuals. Each and every one of them adds something special to my life and I will readily admit that one of them being hurt or killed is the top of my fear list - yes, everyone who knows me well, that scares me far more than standing on top of a mountain.

This is a wonderful time of year, really, my favourite time of year. So please, my Christmas wish is that you all keep safe and just enjoy yourself this holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment