Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010

Goodbye 2010 - good riddance, get packing, out the door, you are GONE!! 2010 is not a year I will look back on with fond thoughts. Some lovely and very happy things did happen, most notably my sister getting married, other friends getting married, the arrival of a clutch of beautiful babies, the new addition to the family being my sister's puppy, my new job but overall it has been a tough year.

Still it was this tough, unpredictable, emotionally trying year in which I had a particularly happy day for no reason whatsoever and I determined to preserve and nurture that happiness. I decided to put myself in a happiness thought spiral, where my concentration efforts would be focused on the stuff that makes me smile. I said farewell to negative thoughts, hello to the happy ones.

And for over half of the year, no matter how tough the day, I've found something good in it to write about. Sometimes I will admit, finding the thing that made me smile has been hard, but I've realised that I now really pay attention to the good things. My face breaks into a grin, or I feel suffused with a happy glow and I think "ohh, I can blog this". It has been the most wonderful experiment, and is one I will continue.

So 2011 I welcome you with hope for the future and a smile that I know will be present every day - even if I have to look hard to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment