Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home!

Last night I was in Sydney for the U2 concert. It might be un-Australian of me, but I'm just not a fan of Sydney. Actually I'm really not a fan of big cities in general. The traffic, the crowds, the pollution and noise. Sure I happily go there for events, special shopping or family things and there is funky stuff there that I can't get at home. But every time I do visit Sydney, I appreciate my hometown of Canberra just that little bit more.

People bash Canberra all the time. It's boring, it's full of politicians, etc. I, however, love Canberra. As I drove back into our wide, tree lined streets, negotiated the few cars which we laughably call traffic and took deep lungfuls of fresh air, I felt that deep sense of contentment which can only come from being home.

This is a beautiful city. Easy to live in, it far from boring and for me, filled with the best things in life, my family and friends. Ahh to be home is to be happy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa, I couldn't agree more. Lovely to see another Canberra fan here! Cheers, Kate :)

    ReplyDelete