Monday, June 6, 2011

Pushing Daisies


The term "feel good viewing" in my experience usually signifies the kind of super sweet, syrupy tripe that basically makes me want to throw up.  Yes, I am an extremely girly girl, and I love a happy ending, but all that sentimental, emotionally manipulative clap trap just leaves me cold.

However, I have recently found a television series that makes me feel so good, I quite literally squeal with delight when watching it.  My reaction is so full on that it is actually a little embarrassing but it is absolutely guaranteed to make me smile and feel good so I guess why not express my enjoyment?

The series is called Pushing Daisies and it is about a guy who can bring people back to life - but only for a minute at a time.  That probably doesn't sound heart warming, but trust me when I say it is totally gorgeous.  From the clever storylines and great dialog, to the fantastic production, brilliant costumes (I covet Chuck's entire wardrobe) and excellent acting, the only thing I can fault is that only two seasons were made.

I'm a little late on the Pushing Daisies bandwagon, it aired between 2007 and 2009 but I'm wholeheartedly embracing it now.  If you are looking for something to brighten your day, I suggest you get hold of this gem of a show.

No comments:

Post a Comment