Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Under the weather

Sorry for the absence of blogs, I've been sick. Right now I'm curled up on my couch under a doona.  It has been grey and rainy all day, but the clouds have parted and my lounge room has filled with sunshine.  It is beautiful and makes me feel a whole lot better.

There are lots of things that make me feel better when I'm not well, so I thought I would focus on that rather than my swollen tonsils.  Here is a list.  Let me know what makes you feel better.

A cup of tea - its an oldie but a goodie.  Everything does seem better with a nice cup f tea in hand.

Chicken Soup - especially the chicken soup S makes me.

Chocolate - need I say more?

A snuggly doona - curling up comfortable and warm is good at any time, but when you are under the weather, it is even better.

Distracting television - be it a period drama, a thriller, or a mystery.  As long as it is engaging it works wonders for passing the time (I am terrible at staying at home sick - I may or may not have done several loads of washing, cleaned the bathroom, organised the pantry and made lemon bars - oops)

And the ultimate - Hugs - a good hug and the whole world is a happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment