Friday, September 30, 2011

A farewell to jeans


I need to start with a quick Flute story.  I was there yesterday for lunch with a friend (we go there because it is close to his work, really it is about the convenience) and I ran into some friends who were visiting from interstate.  They had come to check it out based on this blog!  How exciting that my blog inspired something.  I hope you guys enjoyed your selection, even if being lunchtime on public service payday meant that the selection was more limited than usual owing to what must have been an early rush..

Given that I was already there, I took the opportunity to pick up some delightful desserts as S and I cooked dinner for my Dad last night.  I bought us each one of these gorgeous treats - caramel mousse topped with apricot crumble and accompanied by a creme filled profiterole topped with a strawberry.  Yum-o and awesome value for $6.50 each!


But today's blog is really an ode to pants, jeans, trousers, etc.  This is not a fashion blog, I don't do outfit shots, but for the next month I will be, as I take part in Frocktober.  For the whole of October I will be packing away my pants, in fact packing away my separates and spending my time in frocks.

I do love dresses, I always have.  But I also adore my jeans.  They are so comfy, so useful, so easy to wear.  Last October I really missed them.  But they are being put away for good reason, this year I'm hoping to raise at least $3,000 for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation as they look for an early detection test and ultimately a cure for ovarian cancer.  You can follow my progress over on Everyday Hero, or just check out the photos here as I push the limits of appropriate dressing.  How many cocktail dresses will I wear to work this year?

4 comments:

  1. What a fun concept - and for a good cause. I would definitely struggle if I had to wear dresses every day (I wear a lot of black pants to work!) but it would add an element of fun to things too. Looking forward to the pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of dresses - it's nice, come on in!

    (I have never worn pants to work. Ever. It's kinda weird.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lemon tart was absolutely AMAZING, and had the fussiest eater in the household going back for seconds. Thanks for the tip! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it! That lemon tart is spectacular. I've heard of someone who refuses to eat them from anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete