Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mmmm fresh sheets

I thought I would take advantage of some of Canberra's beautiful weather at the moment and so did a bit of spring (well autumn) cleaning which included airing out all my bedding in the sun for a day.

I read a statistic a little while ago about the very few people in the Western world who sun dry their clothes anymore.  American's in particular seem to think it is rude to air your smalls in public!  I spoke to an American colleague about this and she agreed that when she arrived in Australia she could just not believe her eyes when she saw glimpses of washing hanging out in the backyard.  All I can say is that they have no idea what they are missing out on.  Aside from the environmental benefits of not using a dryer,  I don't think there is anything that quite compares with the sun in how fresh it makes washing smell.

After a day in the sun, all my bedding seems a bit warmer, fluffier and more comforting, plus I get to bring a little of that Autumn sunshine into bed.

Just lovely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment