Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A breath of fresh air

After a long and often brain teasing meeting, I took a step outside the office today to clear my head with some of that lovely fresh spring Canberra air.

Clean air is something that we take for granted in Australia. How often do we really think about the beautiful fresh, clean air we get to breathe? But we should. I've been to some terribly polluted countries. I remember a day in Hong Kong when the air pollution was so great that you couldn't see Kowloon, the pollution had brought visibility down to just a few hundred meters. And being in La Paz where you could see the smog hanging over the city like a dense fog. When you get a lungful of that stuff it feels thick and uncomfortable.

So as I took a deep breath of crisp, fresh air, it just reminded me how lucky I am to live in such a place.

No comments:

Post a Comment