Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Frocktober

Did you know that one woman dies of ovarian cancer every 10 hours? And that there is currently no screening test?

I know only too well because someone I know and love is dying of ovarian cancer.

So this year I'm joining in Frocktober. Like Movember raises money for prostate cancer research, Frocktober raises money for the Ovarian Cancer Research Institute. It does this by women (or very game men) being sponsored for wearing frocks. You can wear one for a day, a week, or the whole month of October. I'm going for the whole month!

Most of my frocks are on the formal side, so it could be one glamorous month. If you want to join in, go to: www.frocktober.org or you are most welcome to sponsor me at: http://www.everydayhero.com.au/lisa_robey

A bit of a serious post I know, but stay tuned for lots of funny frock related stories throughout October!

No comments:

Post a Comment