Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cooking for friends

Gosh it has been just AGES since I wrote a blog about food, no idea how that could happen! Never fear my close and loving relationship with all things edible (except pork, sorry just don't like you except in bacon format) continues.

Anyway, today's blog is in anticipation of smiles as tonight I'm having people over for dinner - yup a Tuesday night dinner party. I love cooking for people. Tonight will just be a relaxed dinner, I'm making something tasty but super easy and unbelievably quick to prepare. I believe it is a Donna Hay recipe originally, I got it from a friend.

Chicken and Eggplant bake:
Take a slice of eggplant (about 1cm thick), top with thick slices of tomato and shredded basil. Top that with a chicken breast and grated mozzarella cheese. Bake at 200 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes till chicken is cooked and cheese is golden brown.

Serve with whatever takes your fancy, I like some potatoes or maybe some wilted spinach to add some green to the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment