Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Reliving a childhood breakfast

I'm a weetbix girl. 2 every morning, soaked in milk so they are nice and mushy (I know people eat them crunchy, but I think they are saliva suckers if you leave them like that) and they keep me going till my mid morning cup of tea and piece of fruit.

But a couple of weeks ago I had to make chocolate crackles, so this morning I had the leftover rice bubbles for breakfast. They definitely didn't fill me up for hours like the weetbix, but boy was it an entertaining breakfast!

It has been so many years since I had a bowl, I had forgotten just how loud that snap, crackle, pop really is! I kept stiring them under the milk to keep it going. And the texture sensation that is a rice bubble - honestly, they are food brilliance.

So while I was more than ready for the staff morning tea, it was a fun breakfast and trip down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment