Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A new taste sensation

Trying out a new recipe, it is fraught with both danger and anticipation. Will this be a new favourite or something that is so terrible you have to bury it in the garden (it has happened)?

Over the years I've been witness to many a memorable failure, plenty at my own hands. Among the most infamous in my family was Mum's 7 hour leg of lamb. Yes, 7 hours worth of cooking. It wasn't that the result was terrible, but it certainly wasn't good. It was awfully bland and my extremely fussy Dad and sister just pushed it around their plates. Certainly not 7 hours that Mum would say was worth spending.

Tonight Mum invited me over to try a new recipe she had read in the paper. Paprika chicken with new potatoes and spring vegetables. Sounded great and it was! I think we have discovered a new favourite - what a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment