Monday, November 8, 2010

Storms

Thunderbolts and lightening, very very frightening, me!

Not really, although the hail this morning did wake me up. I love a thunderstorm and they certainly have been rolling about the skies today. Dark threatening clouds, that particular smell of ozone, the sudden clash of thunder as the rain pours down only to clear to sunny blue skies minutes later. It just makes me feel that little bit more alive.

I have also developed a slightly unhealthy addiction to the Bureau of Meteorology's radar viewer. I don't know what it is about being able to see where the rain is but I love it.

Fingers crossed for a storm tonight. Sorry parents with small children or owners of nervous pets (I used to have one, but she is deaf and can't hear the thunder anymore) but a storm at night, the lightening tracing across the darkened sky, just fantastic entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment