Sunday, August 29, 2010

Standing out in a crowd

Today I went to a screening of the film noir movie "The Postman Always Rings Twice". It was great, the storyline is preposterous, the dialog hilarious and everyone looks stunning.

To tie in with the look some of the attendees, including me, dressed up vintage style. I was in a 40's style outfit with my hair curled up into a pompadour style, adorned with a flower and bright red lips.

But prior to the movie, I caught up with friends at our local arts/crafts/food markets for lunch. It is the kind of place most people go in jeans and a parka, so I did standout somewhat. There were a few sideways glances, one full on stare, a few random comments and lots of smiles - it was fun. There is nothing like doing something a little random that makes other people smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment