Friday, August 6, 2010

Trying something new

This blog was to be accompanied by a picture of a cake - unfortunately the team in the office ate it too fast!

You know how it is when people rave about some place and you mean to go but never get there? For ages I've been told how fantastic the Flute Bakery at Fyshwick is. For those not native to Canberra, Fyshwick is an industrial suburb. It is full of factories, plumbing suppliers, furniture stores and (being Canberra) a wide variety of adult and XXX outlets. But in the midst of this is a fantastic french bakery.

People rave, so today as I had to be in the area, I stopped in and bought afternoon tea for the team. It was a passionfruit meringue pie. It looked spectacular and tasted even better. As I mentioned, it was swiftly gobbled up as even those on diets abandoned them for a Friday afternoon sugar hit.

But I have managed to secret away these gorgeous little macaroons. Have you noticed the macaroon craze that seems to have hit lately. Well I'll admit it, I've never had one. The Flute had a wide variety so for dessert tonight I have chocolate cherry and raspberrry vanilla to try.

The other delicious offerings on display had me very glad that they are a long way from my usual haunts and are not open on the weekend - regular visits would not be good for my waistline!

No comments:

Post a Comment