Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another rain soaked blog post

It has been raining most of the day today, lovely steady soaking rain.  It began at about midday, so I sat eating lunch watching people dash by under umbrellas, puddles forming, car windscreen wipers going, leaves dripping.

I love watching rain.  It makes me feel all smug being safe and dry inside while it is wet outside.  There is something about being able to see the contrast.  If I ever went to the snow, I suspect that sitting inside looking out at the whiteness would appeal much more than actually going out in its cold wetness.

But I'm also feeling exceptionally pleased with myself for my burst of energy that resulted in the lawn being mown and clothes being line dried yesterday!  Now I can enjoy the rain without feeling guilty about chores that can't be done.

1 comment:

  1. Yaayayaay I love the satisfaction that having things tidy brings.

    ReplyDelete