Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday lunch

I am a chronic procrastinator in restaurants.  When faced with a delicious array of food that someone else is going to prepare, I often really struggle to decide.  What do I feel like?  Which flavour combinations are my favourite?  Which are new and something I haven't tried?  I dither about, tell the table I've decided one thing then order something completely different on the spur of the moment when the waiter arrives.

Today S and I went out for lunch.  He had chosen a gorgeous venue, the cafe at Rodney's at Pialligo.  For anyone outside of Canberra, Rodney's is a very large garden centre in Pialligo which is a semi-rural area filled with landscapers and nurseries.  In my family it is also always pronounced Wodney's after a television commercial that was on when I was a kid.

We arrived at the cafe and found ourselves a lovely table under the shady branches of a large tree, but then came the menu challenge.  However S immediately spotted a grazing plate for two and the menu dithering was over.  Lightly toasted sourdough bread, char-grilled capsicum, olives, smoked salmon, feta, choritzo, rocket and chilli jam.  We shared this delightful plate and in the relaxed outdoor setting it really was the perfect choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment