Monday, February 7, 2011

Mmmmm Muffins

Do you know the muffin man, The muffin man, the muffin man,
Do you know the muffin man, Who lives in Drury Lane?

Now I may not know the muffin man but this evening I became the muffin woman as I set about turning some of my blackberry bounty into sweet treats.

I came late to muffins, they just weren't really eaten in my house, but eventually the world wide love affair with the muffin caught up with me.  Given the choice of two, I would still probably choose a cupcake over a muffin, but for its ability to carry the flavour of a luscious berry, you can't beat a muffin.

I did slightly miscalculate when making them however, as my muffin pans are smaller than the recipe and as a result I have a voluminous quantity of muffins to share!

However with kilos of blackberries to get through, muffins on their own aren't going to make a dent.  So there is blackberry vodka infusing, I am intending to whip up a batch of blackberry icecream and maybe some blackberry sauce to top it off.  Even with all those treats there are still going to be blackberries in the fridge.

A surfeit of blackberries, now that is a problem I don't mind having!

No comments:

Post a Comment