Thursday, February 10, 2011

Unexpected savings

Today I needed to buy some new socks.  Hardly the most glamorous item, but I have discovered over the years that it is well worth investing in good ones as they last much longer and importantly help prevent blisters.  The same experience has taught me that the best place to get really good ones are outdoors wear / camping shops as theirs are designed for people to hike in.

So I trooped on out, resigned to spending lots of money on a pretty mundane item, only to find the shop had a 60% off sale on socks!!!  I was thrilled.  I often will wait for a sale, but to need something, then find it is not only in stock but on sale is such a bonus.  I'm sure I will be able to buy something much more interesting with the money left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment