Monday, May 2, 2011

Making an artful point

Art often has a message, a story to tell. I'm a great art lover but my favourite genre has for a long time now been the art that has been specifically created to convey a message, to tell a story and most importantly to sell - poster art, especially from the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

However there is another similar art form which often captures my attention through it's ability to convey a message and story exceptionally concisely and that is cartooning. Like poster artists, cartoon artists' ability to make us laugh or think with often simple drawings and a few words is an amazing skill.

Today a cartoon about climate change popped up in my Facebook news feed. It is one of the best arguments for action on climate change I've ever seen and is so simple and concise you wonder why everyone can't understand it this way. I hope you enjoy is as much as I have.

A Joel Pett Cartoon, courtesy of http://greenmomintheburbs.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment