Thursday, May 12, 2011

Moroccan Carrot and Chickpea Soup

With the sudden and fierce onset of Winter I am craving all those wonderful warming goodies that are so enjoyable in the cold weather.  Roasts, stews, casseroles and of course soup.


On Tuesday, I read a fantastic recipe for a Moroccan carrot and chickpea soup on one of my favourite blogs "Apples Under My Bed".  Its golden, spicy warmth looked perfect for this miserable weather, so last night I whipped up a batch.

It was perfect.  So hearty and warming, just what my body was craving.  I had some leftover pumpkin and corriander in my fridge so I threw those in and used up some baby spinach instead of silverbeet (the added greenery is genius, it really makes the soup).   It is quite spicy, for those who don't like things hot, you should probably leave out or cut down on the chilli but I thought it was brilliant.  In fact the only change I will make next time is to cook twice as much so I can freeze it for lunches!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa I am so so happy you enjoyed the soup. The pumpkin is a great idea, as is the coriander. I was tossing up whether to add coriander to the recipe, and I didn't simply because when I asked my man for advice he said no! Men can be silly sometimes :) Thanks for the link too!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely delicious, I love chickpeas but never know how to use/cook them! x

    ReplyDelete