Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Frocktober - day eighteen



Last night was chores night and I did do them all whilst wearing a dress.  I must say I felt quite the 1950's housewife pushing the vacuum cleaner around whilst wearing a swishy skirt - but it makes cleaning the bathroom considerably harder.  One of my chores was to get through the giant pile of dirty clothes that had accumulated while I was busy preparing for Rock your Frock and therefore ignoring all housework.  Several loads of washing later however I realised to my delight that although the washing pile had been huge, the resulting ironing pile is actually very small.  In contrast to the shirts I usually wear all the time, very few of my dresses require ironing.

I don't mind ironing, I would pick it over many other chores.  I do it in front of the telly or while listening to music and I enjoy watching the wrinkles disappear.  Plus I just love the feel of crisply ironed clothes.  But in a busy life any chore that doesn't have to be done is a massive plus.  Just another upside to wearing dresses!

4 comments:

  1. Teehee, as soon as I read your first line I thought "Perfect 1950s Housewife!" and then I kept reading and you'd gone there yourself :P I love the smell of crisply ironed clothes as well as the feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah - Oh I totally agree about the smell, ironed things are wonderful. People think I'm mad because I iron my pillow and doona cases but they just smell and feel so much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like ironing, although I prefer simple things (including pillows) over shirts :) And I love that you cleaned in your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari when I was little Mum would give us the tea towels and handkerchiefs to iron. I agree, I still prefer a nice easy flat square thing!

    ReplyDelete