Sunday, October 2, 2011

Frocktober - day two


My second dress for Frocktober is one of those great items of clothing that come with a story.  It is a cute strapless mini dress with a black background and an electric blue bamboo pattern.  Being a cold, wet and windy day it needed a jumper over it, however a jumper was the last thing on my mind when I bought it.

This dress was bought on a hot steamy evening in the night markets in Siem Reap in Cambodia.  My friend Rob and I were wandering through the markets when I spotted its vivid colours.  Rob pretended to be my husband who didn't want me to spend money to bargain the price down which I think meant I got it for just a few dollars.  It is fun and cheerful and every time I see it reminds me of that great night in Cambodia.

No comments:

Post a Comment