Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I am thoroughly excited.  Tonight is the Royal Wedding and I will be watching it with 20-something women at my house.

At heart I'm still a little girl who loves nothing more than to play dress ups and look at pretty things.  Yes, I do realise that does make me sound somewhat shallow, but every now and then you need a break from the realities of an adult existence in a flawed world.  It has been a pretty tragic year with little happy news on the ground, so it doesn't surprise me that everyone has got so carried up in the fairytale.  The Royal Wedding is the perfect opportunity for me and my girlfriends to get together, drink champagne and be 100% girly for a few hours.

I've bedecked the house with red and blue streamers, there are red, white and blue serviettes arranged in fan shapes and two TVs are set up for the best viewing opportunities.  We will be drinking Kir Royale champagne cocktails and Pimms with lemonade and eating things like coronation chicken, cheese and leek vol-au-vonts and chocolate crunch cake (which will apparently be one of the wedding cakes).

To really get into the theme the girls are dressing up.  Some are wearing their wedding dresses, others will be in formal attire.  I have a gorgeous dress ready to go and will adorn it with massive jewels, a sash and the awesome tiara I bought in Vietnam.

I haven't been so excited about a girls night in ages, this is going to be a brilliant party.  Are you doing something special?  Or are you like my republican friends (I am a republican by the way) who called me a dag and stared at me in horror when I announced my plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment